Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Venues to Host your wedding...

We have intentions of creating a section in our website that would highlight interesting and/or local places to hold your wedding and reception. I'm curious to see if there are any places you would like to know about!

Recently, locally in Christian County, I stumbled upon two locations that I didn't realize were there:

One is Highland Place. Here's a link to their website. I actually had a chance to meet one of the owners there, Stephanie Ashley. She's been a local Disc Jockey, and last year (I think she said last year), she purchased Highland Place to make it a hall for receptions, parties, and other events. They do have a beautiful facility. I wasn't able to videotape it for you to review here though. I'll see if I can do that in the future.

Another location I stumbled upon is the Bell Tower Chapel. We emailed back and forth for a time that I could go out to see them. After four to six weeks of trying to see if they were open for me to see their facility, I gave up. I have not gotten around to calling them back since. If they are that busy though, that could be a good thing. Their website shows a beautiful place. You may like it! Here's the link.

If you have never heard of the Garden of Dreams and Honeybranch Cave (just east of Sparta), you might check it out too. Here's the link. They have been hosting weddings there for years. It's an outdoor facility (so they are closed through the winter), with a beautiful garden surrounding the Honeybranch Cave. They have a place for reception and they did provide a Disc Jockey, although I'm not sure if they still do -- the website is a bit confusing on that point.

So do you have any places that you think sound interesting? Do you have comments about the above venues? Let us know!

Ben & Jemma

No comments:

Post a Comment